* 1. First Name:
* 2. Last Name:
3. Middle Initial:
4. Maiden, Preferred, or Other Name:
* 5. Gender
6. Preferred Pronouns
7. Social Security Number:
* 8. Date of Birth:
9. Email Address:
* 10. Mailing Address
* 11. City
* 12. State
* 13. Zip Code:
14. Home Phone:
15. Cell Phone:
16. Work Phone:
17. Do you identify yourself as Hispanic or Latino?
18. If no, check all that apply:
American Indian or Alaska Native
Black or African American
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
* 19. Are you a U.S. citizen?
20. If not, are you an eligible non-citizen?
21. Alien Registration Number (A-Number)
* 22. Are you a veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States?
23. Are you currently on active duty in the armed forces for other than training purposes? (Answer "no" if you are a National Guard or Reserves enlistee who is on active duty for state or training purposes)
24. Is your spouse active duty?
25. Do you have a parent or guardian who is active duty?
26. Are you currently unemployed?
27. Have you filed a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) this year?
28. If yes, what date?
29. Have you applied to college this year?
30. If yes, please list the college name and your application date:
* 31. Taxable Income Range:
I do not file $0 - $19,320 $19,321 - $26,130 $26,131 - $32,940 $32,941 - $39,750 $39,751 - $46,560 $46,561 - $53,370 $53,371 - $60,180 $60,181 - $66,990 More than $66,991
* 32. Including yourself, how many people in your family unit?
33. Are you currently receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)?
34. Are you currently receiving SNAP (Supplementary Nutrition Assistance Program)?
35. High School Information:
36. If you have a GED / HiSET, state received and year:
37. If you attended college in the past, when and where did you attend?
38. If you attended college in the past, did you take out a loan?
39. If you participated in another TRIO program within the last year, check all that apply:
Veterans Upward Bound
Educational Talent Search
Student Support Services
Upward Bound programs
* 40. What was the highest level of education completed by either of your parents?
Some High School High School or equivalent Some College (did not complete a degree) 2 Year College 4 Year College (Bachelor's Degree or higher) Other
If Other, please specify:
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 24
41. Are you married?
42. Do you have any children for whom you are providing at least half their support?
43. Within the last year, have you been or were you at risk of being homeless?
44. At any time since you turned age 13, were both of your parents deceased, were you a dependent or ward of the court, were you an emancipated youth,
or have you been in foster care?
45. What are your career plans?
* 46. What type of postsecondary degree is your goal (check all that apply):
* 47. What type of assistance do you need to meet your postsecondary goal (check all that apply):
Default Loan Counseling
FSET / HOPE (Funding Opportunities)
48. Do you have any questions that you'd like us to answer?
49. How did you learn about MEOC?
50. Referred to MEOC by:
Certification of Application and Information Release
I/We certify that the information provided on the application is true and correct to the best of my/our knowledge.
I/We authorize the use of my image and name in MEOC publications, editorials, advertisements, and media releases to the
MEOC program and its affiliated organizations.
I/We authorize the release and exchange of student education records and transcripts to the MEOC program; I/We authorize the release and exchange of
student financial aid information including FAFSA information from postsecondary institutions and the federal government to the MEOC program; I/We give
permission to complete or correct the FAFSA over the phone when I am unable to be there in person; I/We understand that the information provided on this
application will be held in confidence by the MEOC staff; I/We authorize MEOC to access all college records that may be stored in electronic and imaging
systems in the University of Maine System & Community College System.
Use your mouse (or your finger or stylus, if on a mobile device) to sign this application in the space below. If you need to erase the signature and
start over, click the Erase Applicant Signature button.
Parent or Guardian Signature (if needed)
Use your mouse (or your finger or stylus, if on a mobile device) to sign this application in the space below. If you need to erase the
signature and start over, click the Erase Parent/Guardian Signature button.
Click the button below to submit this application.